If you just want to create a health & beauty shopping list, click
Health & beauty purchases are great assets to manage in MakeLifeEasy, for several reasons:
- You can easily buy at least 30 days' worth of these products,
so you don't spend a lot of time and effort managing them.
- You can easily stock up on these items because they have long lifetimes.
- However, many products can go stale (e.g. lotions, medications, etc.) before you use them up,
so you have to watch out for overbuying.
See How To... Avoid Overbuying.
- Prices and sizes of products are irregular and fluctuating, so MakeLifeEasy's buying advice can be very useful.
- Sales occur often but not on any regular schedule, so stocking up can result in savings.
- These products are heavily "merchandised",
often with a lot of hype over nothing, so it can be relaxing and refreshing to avoid the hype.
How to... Decide which assets to manage helps you to understand and decide which ones to manage,
but in this case it would be most of them.
You can get the benefits of all of MakeLifeEasy's supplies management features, including:
- Smart shopping lists
- Price books for individual items
- Buying advice
- Seller performance reports
- Advanced features (cost per day curve, etc.)
Setting Up MakeLifeEasy
Pop up the help topic How To... Manage Health and Beauty Items
to see the step-by-step procedure for using MakeLifeEasy.
Points to Consider
As Consumer Reports and other sources point out,
the highest priced products are often not the best.
Nor are the most advertised products the best.
Most products in a given category are very similar.
So it makes sense to shop by price, though you don't have to.